What defines a sandwich?

The seat of discussion and activity in The Empire of Mare Nostrum. All are welcome to join into the discussions.
Bdurham07
Nation: Lukatonia
Discord ID: Bdurham07#9983

Badges

What defines a sandwich?

Post by Bdurham07 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:15 pm

What makes something a sandwich? Please tell me below!
Forever Replacement Senator
That ham over there

Rex Ciphra
Nation: Atrony Detonis
Discord ID: Rex Ciphra#0992

Ribbons

Badges

Re: What defines a sandwich?

Post by Rex Ciphra » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:35 pm

Bread basically. As long as there is bread around something, I'd say it's a sandwich.

Hot dogs are sandwiches. If you consider subs to be sandwiches, you have to consider hot dogs sandwiches too, they're essentially the same thing, just with different insides.
Emperor
Third Revelator of the Most High Gods
Meme King Nov-Dec 2018

Sarah Karimi
Nation: A Leaf On The Wind
Discord ID: Sarah Bread#7949

Ribbons

Badges

Post by Sarah Karimi » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:48 pm

What about those wedge lettuce things?

Is this a sandwhich?
Tribunal Prefect
Leading Council of the Optimates Party
Senator

Rex Ciphra
Nation: Atrony Detonis
Discord ID: Rex Ciphra#0992

Ribbons

Badges

Post by Rex Ciphra » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:50 pm

There is no bread, this is a hand held salad
Emperor
Third Revelator of the Most High Gods
Meme King Nov-Dec 2018

Texas_are_Texas
Nation: Republic of Texas Texas
Discord ID: funzachcop#4931

Badges

Post by Texas_are_Texas » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:56 am

It has to be a witch made of sand for it to be a sandwich

Bad pun I Know

Matan [RandomUser]

Badges

Post by Matan [RandomUser] » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:06 pm

There are basically two axis on which to judge what is and what is not a sandwich: structure and ingredients, and widely about 3 levels at which people place each of these descriptions, from a purist standpoint, a neutral standpoint, and a 'rebel' standpoint. On the structure side, we see the sandwich being judged by the physical shape and size of what makes it up. A structural purist would say that there must be two pieces of bread with ingredients in between to qualify as a sandwich. One who is structurally neutral might say that any foodstuff with bread on either side is a sandwich, such as a sub, but not necessarily with two different pieces. A structural rebel would say that any food being enveloped by some sort of gluetenus material is a sandwich, such as a wrap. The other axis concerns ingredients, or what is inside of the sandwich. An ingredient purist would say that the sandwich must have conventional toppings such as meat, cheese, ketchup, lettuce, and tomatoes. A neutral ingredient connesuer would say that a sandwich can contain any sort of savory ingredients, such as french fries and hot dogs. An ingredient rebel would say that anything, including sweet foods, can be contained within a sandwich. One may be any of the 9 sandwich archetypes based off of their views on both ingredient and structure purity. I for one would place myself as structurally rebel, and neutral and ingredients. My battle sign is a burrito, which I consider to be a sandwich.
Previous NS experience

Dythinia
Minister of Domestic Affairs
Prime Minister

The Galactic Order
Senator
Moff of Internal Affairs
Deputy Grand Moff

"If you wish safety, my Lord, that is an easy matter. We are rich, and there is the sea, and yonder our ships. But consider whether if you reach safety you may not desire to exchange that safety for death. As for me, I like the old saying, that the purple is the noblest shroud.”
-Empress Theodora

Ken_000
Nation: Free Rosabell
Discord ID: KenTan01#7387

Post by Ken_000 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:12 am

There needs to be bread for obvious reasons lol, tomatoes and lettuce in it, tuna or chicken, 2-3 slices of cheese, an egg, some dazzles of sauce (any sauce). Well that's my take on it OR you can opt for sooooubway lmao

Return to “The Public Forum”