1199 BR: The Daughter of Rê

Moderators: Deputy Tribune, Tribune

Berenice
Nation: Egypt and Kush
Discord ID: Berenice#4802

Badges

1199 BR: The Daughter of Rê

Post by Berenice » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:04 pm

On the 18th day of the month of Mecheir in the year 437 of the New Era (15 Februarius 1199 BR)
Alexandreia, Eparchy of Kato Cheme, Anactoria of Egypt and Kush

The Anassa stood on the balcony of the Anactorial Palace looking pensively at the busy harbor of Alexandreia. There were ships of all shapes and sizes there from all corners of the world: some of them came from the frozen lands in the North and others arrived from the faraway lands in the South and East. The latter had to cross the Erythraean Sea and sail through the Canals; the winds always blew from north to south in Egypt which, since ancient times, allowed the river barges to sail up the Nile propelled by the wind and make their return voyage carried by the current. But there was no favorable current in the Canals and ships had to be towed by teams of oxen or camels on their northward journey. Dues collected from the trade flowing through the Erythraean ports and the Canals provided significant income for the Anactorial Treasury.

But most of the ships in the harbor were, of course, Egyptian and Marian. Roma and its provinces were the most important buyers of the Egyptian grain as well as other goods, such as papyrus, ivory, spices and precious woods, that could only be transported to the ports of Mare Nostrum by ways of the Nile or the Canals. Those goods were traded here in Alexandreia against Marian silver, wool, wine, olive oil, leather and parchment. This trade was essential for both the Anactoria and the Imperium.

Berenice turned around as she heard a sound of footsteps. The guest, a tall dark-skinned woman, bowed in obeisance before the pharaoh. “I greet thee, O Great Anassa!” she said with respect.

“It is good to see thee as well, Merné,” Berenice greeted the guest with a slight nod of her head. “I hope your journey was agreeable?”

“Tiresome, but blissfully uneventful,” the dark-skinned woman replied.

“At least you will have a chance to enjoy the splendors of the Capital,” the pharaoh smiled. “But not for too long, I fear, for I have a new task for you.”

“I live to serve my Anassa,” Merné smiled back at her sovereign. “But what shall this new task be, if I may be so bold to inquire?”

“You may indeed,” Berenice replied. “I am pleased with how well you have done as port prefect of Adoulis, Merné; my revenues from duties have more than doubled since you took over. But I need your talents elsewhere, my friend… You see, there is no reason why all those middlemen should be getting fat from reselling my grain, ivory and spices if I can trade with the Marians directly. I therefore decided to found the Anactorial Trading Company which shall have a monopoly in trading all exclusive exports of my land. And I wish you to represent my interests in Roma.”

“As my Anassa commands,” the other woman nodded and bowed.

A few weeks later, Roma

A richly dressed woman approached the gate of the Imperial Palace. She was in her late 30’s or early 40’s perhaps, though one would not describe her as anything less than exquisitely beautiful. Her dark complexion and exotic attire betrayed her as a native of southern lands. She was followed by a small band of guards, all wearing high bronze helmets and turquoise cloaks. “I am Kyria Merné, envoy of the great Anassa of Egypt and Kush,” she spoke in perfect Latin to the officer at the gates. “I wish to present my respect to the Imperator.”
Her Divine Majesty Berenice VI Thea Philometor Caesar Argeade,
Pharaoh of Egypt, Qor and Candace of Kush, She of the Sedge and Bee, Lady of the Two Lands, Daughter of Rê

Lucius
Nation: Of Higher Razaria
Discord ID: Lucius, the Heavenly Dragon#2700

Orders

Badges

Re: 1199 BR: The Daughter of Rê

Post by Lucius » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:57 pm

In the year 1199 B.R. at the Central Audience Chamber of the Regillum Palace, in the Eternal Capital of the Empire of Mare Nostrum; Rome.

Imperator Lucius Tiberius Caesar Regillum Augustus sat comfortably in upon the Eternal Throne in the Central Audience Chamber of the Regillum Palace. Lucius had golden eyes that shone like the sun and silvery hair that was reminiscent of the moon. However, the most striking thing about the Imperator was not his odd hair and eye colors, it was the Shining Crown of Laurel that rested upon his head. Lucius had transformed into his current state after gaining the blessings of Jupiter, Apollo, and Artemis at his coronation nearly a year ago. He wore a white tunic with a golden toga draped around him. To his right stood the Praetorian Prefect Marcus Olcinius Encratis and to his left stood Imperial Tutor Mettius Naevius Servanus, who Lucius appointed as his Advisor after ascending to the Marian Throne. The Central Audience Chamber was a circular chamber built in the center of Regillum Palace. It was similar in style to the interior of the Pantheon was lit by the light of an Artificial Sun which was maintained by a Flamen of Sol Invictus.

The Legatus Prefect Lars Caesius Sidonius and the Tribunal Prefect Aurelia Verulla entered the Central Audience Chamber of the Regillum Palace each accompanied by a group of Scriba. The two Prefects and their accompanying Scribes kneeled to the Imperator and waited for his permission to stand. Imperator Lucius Tiberius Caesar Regillum Augustus raised his hand and the spoke to the kneeling group and permitted them to stand. As the two Prefects stood, their Scribes readied themselves to write. As he stood, Prefects Lars and Aurelia looked at the Imperator, a man of seventeen years with silvery hair and golden eyes.

Imperator Lucius Tiberius Caesar Regillum Augustus spoke to the assembled Prefects and told them of his plan to unite the world. He would raise an Imperial Army under his banner that would consist of thirty Legions. He also told them of his plan to raise an Imperial Navy that consisted of four Quinquireme Squadrons, Six Squadrons of Pentekonters and Triremes as well as two Squadrons of Dromons and a two Tessarakonteres to support his Imperial Army on the Seas.

As they were discussing details of how to achieve this goal. The Pontifex Maximus who was accompanied by Several Flamines Majories and Pontiffs arrived. They had been summoned like the Prefects and arrived as soon as they finished their duties for the day. They did not have to kneel, however they did to pay respect to Imperator Lucius Tiberius Caesar Regillum Augustus, as he was the One Blessed by Three. The Imperator told them that he had summoned them to use his Authority as the Imperator and as the One Blessed by Three to order them to train and provide a Flamen to each Cohort in the Imperial Army so that the Marian Army can be even more victorious in future battles. The Imperator then informed them of his plan to unite the world, and while the Pontifex Maximus and several Pontiffs agreed with this lofty goal. Not all of the Flamines agreed with this plan. However, they at the very least they agreed to train more Flamens for the Imperial Army.

The rest of the day was spent arranging finer details. Eventually, Tribunal Prefect Aurelia Verulla to was to begin construction on Three Squadrons of Pentekonters and Triremes and the Legatus Prefect Lars Caesius Sidonius was to raise Twelve Legions from the Province of Italia.

As the meeting was coming to a close, a messenger arrived and informed the Imperator of an Envoy from the Anassa of Egypt. Praetorian Prefect Marcus Olcinius Encratis ordered a few Praetorian Guards to show the Envoy of the Anassa to the Guest Quarters and inform her that she would be allowed to meet with the Imperator on the next day.
Fear him, for to earn his ire is to earn the ire of the Celestial Gods of the Far East

Berenice
Nation: Egypt and Kush
Discord ID: Berenice#4802

Badges

Post by Berenice » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:55 pm

In the year 1199 B.R. at the Central Audience Chamber of the Regillum Palace, in the Eternal Capital of the Empire of Mare Nostrum; Rome.

Merné entered the audience chamber of the Marian Imperator. Behind her were walking six able-bodied slaves dressed in little more than loincloths, carrying three heavy ornate chests. Their hair was hard and curly and their skin was black as charcoal; Merné herself – a daughter of Kush who was considered dark-skinned even in Alexandreia, looked pale by comparison.

She halted before the Imperator’s throne and bowed in obeisance. Merné did not really expect the ruler of Mare Nostrum to be so young; little more than a boy, really, young enough to be her son. But not a single muscle on her face betrayed her surprise. “I greet thee, O Mighty Imperator,” she spoke. “Please allow me to present upon thee these gifts from the Great Anassa of Egypt and Kush.”

As the imperator acknowledged, she motioned to the slaves to come present the gifts to the Imperator. The first pair positioned their chest in front of the imperator and removed the lid; the chest was filled with exquisite jewelry, fine gold, and glittering gemstones. Then the second pair came forward and did the same; except the second chest was filled with goods made of the finest ivory, ebony, and mahogany. Lastly, the third pair advanced and laid their burden in before the Imperator as well; as the lid was removed, the audience chamber was filled with the intense scent of exotic spices.

“Those riches of Egypt and Kush are yours, August Imperator,” Merné smiled, “and so are the able-bodied men who carried them.”

“We thank the Anassa of Aegyptus for these precious gifts, her generosity is admirable." the young man on the Eternal Throne responded after a short pause.

“I am certain the Great Anassa shall be most pleased to hear that,” the Kushite woman smiled. “However, may I state the business for which I was sent by the Great Anassa?”

“You may for We are most curious as to what might warrant such a gift,” the young emperor replied.

“You see,” Merné began, “in her infinite wisdom, the Great Anassa decided that she no longer requires middlemen to trade the bountiful produce of her domain. Thus, the Collegium Mercans Anactorialis Aegypti Cossique was formed, which has been granted the exclusive right to trade the exports of the Anactoria with foreign nations, and of which I have been granted the honor of representing the interests of the Collegium in Roma. If that pleases the August Imperator, of course.”

“This is most acceptable,” the Imperator replied. "The Imperial Dominion of Mare Nostrum needs Egyptian produce just as much as Egypt needs ours. I am certain this will facilitate the trade.”

“The Anassa shall be most pleased once I relay your words to her,” the Egyptian envoy smiled again. “There is one more matter, if I may…”

“Hmmn...” the Imperator looked at her curiously. "You may," he said allowing the envoy to speak.

“You have surely heard that the rightful Rex Regum of Parthia has been recently dethroned and murdered by a usurper who has no legitimate claim to the throne,” Merné began. “The Great Anassa, who descends in a direct line from Cyrus the Great and Arsaces of Parthia, deems it her duty before the Gods to restore a legitimate rule in the lands of Ariana. She intends to sail from Adulis to the Persian coast and claim her birthright…” the Kushite woman paused for a moment. “But you see, the usurper has a strong army, and the Anassa would be most generous if the most August Imperator agreed to help her to restore the Divine Justice… as new Regina Regum of Ariana, she would be willing to permanently cede the provinces of Media and Elymais to the Imperium and formally renounce to all claims to the provinces of Babylonia and Characene.”

"Hmmn," the Imperator looks at the Envoy thoughtfully. "Allow Us to discuss this with my loyal advisors and We shall call another meeting in a few days time to let you know of Our decision. Until then feel free to enjoy the Capital of the Imperial Dominion."

“Of course, August Imperator,” Merné bowed in obeisance realizing the audience was over. “I bid you farewell then, though I do hope to be granted have the honor of being in your radiant presence once again soon."

“We hope you enjoy your stay at the Eternal Capital of the World,” the Imperator said, and the Envoy bowed and exited the Throne Room.
Her Divine Majesty Berenice VI Thea Philometor Caesar Argeade,
Pharaoh of Egypt, Qor and Candace of Kush, She of the Sedge and Bee, Lady of the Two Lands, Daughter of Rê

Augustus

Badges

Post by Augustus » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:28 pm

In the year 1199 B.R. at the governer's palace in the province of Ascalon of the Empire of the Mare Nostrum

For the past year and a half, Maximus Brutus has been quietly running his territory. He has spent much of his time making sure his local laws are being enforced and making sure that his two legions are being well trained and maintained. Maximus has gained the funds for this via taxation and trading with local tribes in the areas he visits. He now sits in his hall with two bodyguards, one at each side. An officer of his legions stands before him, his helmet under one arm.

Maximus leans forward, staring intently, his white robes shifting.

"What is the current condition of my legionaries? How are they fairing?"

"They're doing very well sir. They're in excellent health and we've had very little disciplinary problems. One man flogged for drunkeness"

Maximus nods

"How's their morale?"

The officer shifts a little

"It seems good sir, though some do seem a bit bored as there's not much else to do except train, that could cause some minor problems."

Maximus nods.

"I see my officers are doing an excellent job. Keep up the good work, make sure we don't have any major problems and do your duty. I'll be inspecting them personally in a weeks time and I hope they'll be as fit as they've been described. That is all, you may return to duty."

The officer bows slightly and then walks out. Maximus sits back in his chair, wondering what he should do to improve his rule. He decides there's nothing more he can do at the moment and he slips into a quiet contemplation.
His Holiness, Pope of the Marian Catholic Church

Return to “The Imperial RP”