The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (Match Day 4)

Rumors and trades, joy and heartbreak. Find all your CF information here!
Shapirius
Nation: Shapirius
Discord ID: HMSNike#6803

Badges

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (Match Day 4)

Post by Shapirius » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:55 am

You know what time it is! Let's hop right into this week's action.

The Good

Tripolis United and Hannover Dragons continue their winning ways with 3-1 and 4-2 victories, respectively. Tripolis United showed that their defense actually exists and Hannover Dragons' offense kept its momentum going. Excellent outing for both teams.

The Bad

Valtyrium City just can't seem to catch a break. After losing the first two games of their season, they completed a convincing 3-0 win against the Brown Coats last week. When asked about this week's game against Tripolis United, the manager of VCFC had this to say: "Well, the opposition is looking really tough...we're coming at it with new energy." If losing 3-1 to Tripolis United is what new energy looks like, it's going to be a long season for VCFC fans.

The Ugly

Come on Brown Coats! You're at home! You have a decent defense! You can't just let in 4 goals! With a pretty bad offense, your defense really needs to set it up. Losing 2-4 at home against Hannover Dragons is just...well I expected you to lose, just not that bad...

Nothing changes on the table, Hannover Dragons are still on top due to goal difference. Tripolis United remains in 2nd, followed by Valtyrium City FC in 3rd and the Brown Coats in 4th.

League Table:

Ranking Name Points Record GD GF GA

1st HDG 9 3-0-1 4 14 10
2nd TPU 9 3-0-1 3 13 10
3rd VCFC 3 1-0-3 -3 7 10
4th BCS 3 1-0-3 -4 7 11
Senator
People's Tribune
Card Football Commissioner
Former WA Delegate

[+] Favorite Quote
Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.
Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

Return to “News”