On Evil weapons

Dedicated to the worship of the Christian God. Discussions of all things Christian and Catholic are held within. All people searching for the truth in good faith are welcome here!

Moderator: Augustus

Augustus

Badges

On Evil weapons

Post by Augustus » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:41 pm

A sermon by Pope Augustus:

But they said: Nothing. Then said he unto them: But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise a scrip: and he that hath not, let him sell his coat and buy a sword. For I say to you that this that is written must yet be fulfilled in me. And with the wicked was he reckoned. For the things concerning me have an end. But they said: Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said to them: It is enough. Luke 22:36
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

In the gospel Our Lord commands the carrying of weapons. To own weapons, firearms and such, is a good thing. Every man should own at least one weapon to protect his family. The fact that the police and the military have weapons; guns, tanks, missiles, this is not bad either. For all of these can be used for good purposes, and can be used in such a way that civilians are not harmed. But Nuclear weapons do not fall under this category. They are vile things, that if nations were to fight with them they could destroy the world. That is why our province, our nation, has kept out of the conflict, even if it was only a small one. We condemn the use of these weapons even if it is for a perceived good purpose, because they cannot be used in such a way that civilians aren't harmed, that is why these are called "Weapons of Mass Destruction." They cannot be contained. We also condemn unjust wars, wars for profit, and the murder of innocent civilians and POWs. May God forgive all those who engage in these things.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.
His Holiness, Pope of the Marian Catholic Church

Return to “Marian Catholic Church”