What is your Ethnicity?

The seat of discussion and activity in The Empire of Mare Nostrum. All are welcome to join into the discussions.
Saphalus
Nation: Central Centurial
Discord ID: LordProtector#7713

Orders

Badges

Re: What is your Ethnicity?

Post by Saphalus » Mon May 06, 2019 12:22 am

TheCavendarian wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:41 am
Saphalus wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:07 am
Disgusting! You're from Earth? Eww...
Yes, for Humanity and for the homeworld!
"We shall see if you can still say that after Mortal Kombat, Earthrealmer!"
Saphalus

[+] Positions
[+] Current
Tribune of Communications
Revelator of the Most High Gods
Public Affairs
Roleplay
Senator
[+] Former
Order of Mpwah
Reimdecoss Party
[/spoiler]

TheCavendarian
Nation: Cavendar
Discord ID: Space The Explorer

Badges

Post by TheCavendarian » Mon May 06, 2019 11:18 am

Ah cool, mortal combat is pretty lit

Saphalus

Orders

Badges

Post by Saphalus » Mon May 06, 2019 11:46 am

Lit is only for outworld, mortal.
Saphalus

[+] Positions
[+] Current
Public Affairs
Roleplay
Senator
[+] Former
Order of Mpwah
Reimdecoss Party
[/spoiler]

je-repac
Nation: Achaean Republic
Discord ID: je-repac

Badges

Post by je-repac » Mon May 27, 2019 11:33 am

I'm full-blooded Puerto Rican, but I currently live in Florida (a.k.a. MIckey Mouse Land, a.k.a. Florida Man Land, a.k.a. new new Puerto Rico). As I learned from school and was hammered to me years and years ago, I'm a (not quite accurate) 1/3 native Taíno, 1/3 Spanish/European, and 1/3 African.

In reality, I'm much more European and African than I once thought (although I haven't done any tests yet to confirm that).

From a family genealogy I discovered with my great-aunt from my dad's side, my great-something ancestors came from Southern Spain––exactly, the city of El Puerto de Santa María, in the province of Cádiz. He went on a boat with a slave woman/baby mama (I'm not sure if they were married, but it was possible at the time since Spanish racial relations were much, much looser than those in other European nations like the UK, but were nonetheless exactly as racist) named Cristina Quiermés. O Quermés. O Quemés. (Nobody knows for sure what's her true surname.)

At the time, they left for the Caribbean Islands (Cuba and Puerto Rico) because of the Royal Decree of Graces, a Spanish law that allowed for immigration to the remaining colonies for Catholics/Europeans that were loyal to the Spanish Crown and wanted to start new in a foreign land. This allowed for a greater influx of French, Italian, Corsican, Canarian, Irish, German, and others.

Eventually, they made they long journey and settled in Eastern Puerto Rico, where they had 13 children. One thing led to another...and now I'm here :) I know there's got to be more info about my family, so if anybody is kind enough to secure me a trip to Spain for...erm...research purposes...then I'm in! :lol:

Saphalus

Orders

Badges

Post by Saphalus » Mon May 27, 2019 1:55 pm

That's some pretty intricate backstory. Good to hear.
Saphalus

[+] Positions
[+] Current
Public Affairs
Roleplay
Senator
[+] Former
Order of Mpwah
Reimdecoss Party
[/spoiler]

je-repac
Nation: Achaean Republic
Discord ID: je-repac

Badges

Post by je-repac » Mon May 27, 2019 2:08 pm

Saphalus wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:55 pm
That's some pretty intricate backstory. Good to hear.
I know! That's what I know! Now, can you finance me a heritage trip to Spain? :P

There's also another story parroted by my crazy, schizophrenic cousin about two Spanish government officials coming to PR in the 80's and staying there for three days waiting for someone from my family to claim some royal heritage...only, of course, that story wasn't true, and nobody believes my crazy cousin.

Although, IF there WAS some sort of inheritance, then it wouldn't even be worth its weight in Euros––that is, if the government hasn't taken it away already!

Return to “The Public Forum”