Final Goodbye

RP actions and stories that follow those on Earth will be here.

Moderators: Deputy Tribune, Tribune

Sarah
Nation: A Leaf On The Wind
Discord ID: Sarah Bread#7949

Orders

Ribbons

Badges

Final Goodbye

Post by Sarah » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:02 pm

You walk into a room with no people in it. On the table is a camera and a letter. The letter reads

Ave dear reader,
It’s only 12 hours until the ship departs for Mars. You’ve said your goodbyes. You’ve avoided some goodbyes. However you prepared for this journey. Use this camera as a final goodbye. With no one here to watch you, and no one to watch the video until after you’ve departed Earth. Say anything and everyone you didn’t/couldn’t say.

What is something your taking from Earth on Mars? Something Personal?
What will you miss the most?
What are you most excited about?
What are you most afraid of?

These are just some ideas of what you may want to talk about. Feel free to respond to all the questions. Or none of them. Maybe you want to curse out the gods or your choices that led to here. Whatever you want to say, this is your final chance to say it.

Vale
Tribunal Prefect
Leading Council of the Optimates Party
Senator

Inferno33
Nation: The Tryad
Discord ID: Dr.duuude33#1201

Badges

Re: Final Goodbye

Post by Inferno33 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:40 pm

Damir looks into the camera, knowing this will be the last record of himself before he leaves into the heavens, and taking a deep breath he turns it on.

"Goodbye, my home, for I will miss your peaks and snow. I have been chosen to leave to the heavens to help the mission to Mars. But this new planet will show its beauty just as you have and will light the way for the Empire. I know I may never come back, but the lives and future of generations rest on this mission. I hope see you when I return."

He turned of the camera, he didn't like the formality of his words, but the situation called for it. As he left the room he held on to his belief is the Lord to protect him in his journey to Mars.

Rex Ciphra
Nation: Atrony Detonis
Discord ID: Rex Ciphra#0992

Ribbons

Badges

Post by Rex Ciphra » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:23 pm

Serpens stared at the camera. He hated formalities like this, if it was up to him, he'd be sitting in the waiting room, playing games and eating as much Earth food as he could before being tormented to eating space food for months. He shuddered at that idea.

I probably don't have to say anything longwinded, they probably just want to compile some video of all the colonizers, he thought to himself. He leaned back and stared at the ceiling. He took a deep breath and sat back up before speaking.

"Hello to my fellow Earthlings. Well, it's time for me to go. In a couple hours, I'll be off, shooting through the stars to Mars. Hopefully we get everything set up fairly quickly, I'm gonna miss the food we have here." He paused and pondered for a bit. "Well, that's all I really have to say, I already said goodbye to those that matter to me."

Serpens stood up and walked to the door. As he opened it, he took one last look at the camera. He hesitated for a second, before leaving the room forever.
Emperor
Third Revelator of the Most High Gods
Meme King Nov-Dec 2018

Shapirius
Nation: Shapirius
Discord ID: HMSNike#6803

Badges

Post by Shapirius » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:07 am

Hello from the red planet. Time will tell whether it is a beautiful place to explore, or as the red surface suggests, a desolation none shall disturb. I've brought all my sports jerseys and plan to hang them around my cabin, to make it feel more like home. While it will be difficult to watch my sports on a 13 minute delay, it'll be better than nothing. I'm looking forward to making sure this long term mission remains long term. If I'm perfectly honest, I'm not afraid. As a wise piece of bread once said, "You kill me, someone else will sing my song." Regardless of when I meet my demise, someone else will be there to complete the mission. And that is all I could ever ask for.

Valete, amici et fratres
Senator
People's Tribune
Card Football Commissioner
Former WA Delegate

[+] Favorite Quote
Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.
Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

Return to “Earth”